- Measures and economy's total income. It is equal to GDP plus the income abroad accruing to domestic residents minus income generated in domestic market accruing to non-residents. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary
* * *GNP GNP nounECONOMICS abbreviation for gross national product:
• If the project is successful it could account for at least 10% of the Philippines' GNP within five years.
* * *Gross National Product. Total value of goods and services produced by an economy including income from overseas investments and remittances from nationals working abroad. If a country has heavy servicing charges on foreign debt or heavy dividend payments on foreign inward investment then its gross national product is reduced accordingly. Similarly GNP shrinks if a country makes large payments to an immigrant workforce.► See also GDP.
* * *GNP UK US /ˌdʒiːenˈpiː/ noun [U]► ECONOMICS ABBREVIATION for Gross National Product: the total value of all the goods and services produced by a country in a particular year, including income from foreign investments: »
This year, exports generated 41.4 percent of GNP.
Financial and business terms. 2012.